Monday 29 October 2012

Acrylic drawers from Wilkinson!

If I had a pound every time I read a post or watched a YouTube video of a beauty blogger with acrylic drawers I would be rich, I tell you, RICH! Annnd, well, being the easily led girl I am I eventually wanted my own. Most you will probably know the drawers I'm on about already.

I really wanted my own so I could organise my make-up in a way it can be seen & easily accessed. But all the posts & videos I'd seen contained drawers brought from Muji. Now, although Birmingham centre is only 20 minutes on the train, it just seems so much more effort than my close town... uhm, lazy! So I was going to wait patiently, like a good little girl, until I found myself in Brum. Buttt, behold! I was in Wilkinson the other day & look what I found :D Acrylic drawers. I thought I'd share this little find with you, cause I know Muji isn't a store located close to everybody.


This little beaute was £10 & is perfect for what I wanted it to hold! It has 3 drawers which are wide enough & deep enough to store all sorts of make-up. I'm using mine to store make-up I'd go for on a regular day, instead of rummaging through my big vanity case. 


& here's my little set up :) My jar of cotton pads is an old Yankee Candle. Check out this post if you wanna know how to recycle your candle jars :D

On a completely different note... have you girls had a good weekend?! Any Halloween celebrations? I mentioned in a previous post that I worked on Saturday night (at a bar) & we had our Halloween party. It was amaaazing! We had cage dancers, stilt walkers, fire breathers, shot girls etc etc. I was outside (freezing!) working on the garden bar. It was a fab night, but very busy & a little stressful. Loved it nontheless. I did say I'd show you a picture of my zombie nurse self. Unfortunately I was in such a rush getting ready that I didn't get chance to take a full length photo. I was far too busy setting my sister up as a zombie geek & my boyfriend as a woman/the joker, haha. But anyways, I managed to get a photo of my make up :)



Lemme know what you guys got up to!

Jen xo

23 comments:

  1. Wow those drawers look great and for a really good price!! what a find :D hehe I was out on saturday and i was dressed as a pirate! fun times hehe. your make up was fab!! what a scary nurse you were!! eeep!

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite pleased with my little find, haha. Glad you had a good weekend too! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh, this is such a great find from wilkinsons :) I love their home decoration things! It looks like you had a scary weekend at work. I dressed up as a zombie nurse too and the club that i went to was really good :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! There's quite a lot of cute things in there, really cheap too. Ooh snap, fellow zombie nurse ;) xx

      Delete
  3. those draws look really handy and a good price too!

    vanessa
    xxx
    www.vanessalucy.blogspot.co.uk
    ps.check out my beauty giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are, so much easier then going through my big box :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a good idea! Good old Wilkos haha x

    stringofshininglights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look like a great purchase, thanks for sharing been on the look out for some reasonably priced acrylic drawers for ages...it would be rude not too at that price! http://blondebeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would! Get your self down to Wilkos haha xx

      Delete
  6. Super cute drawers! I kind of want some now haha :)

    -Haylie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those drawers are cute! Love the gem-like handles :) Good job on your Halloween costume, I'm impressed!!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your halloween costume! the makeup looks great with it! i like these kind of drawers for makeup too :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're fab. Definitely want more already, haha xx

      Delete
  9. first off I have wanted those acrylic drawers for ages too. I wish I had room to lay them out someplace. when I move I will have more room for them and will get them then. but it looks fabulous and organized. love the photos great job on the makeup there. xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too! I want my own little walk in wardrobe to lay everything out lol. Maybe one day ;) xx

      Delete
  10. Ahh, thank you so much!! I'll go check it out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok I've already said I'm stealing the yankee candle idea but I'm gonna go the whole hog and go for the acrylic drawers as well - perfect to go on top of my side unit and put all my body shop stuff, soap n glory minis, etc. etc.

    Good find Blon-D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You theif, you! ;) Yeah, they would look good there filled with those beauties. xx

      Delete
    2. Looked for these in Wilkinsons today, couldn't see any! :(

      Delete
  12. I like how you organise your make-up.

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete