Whilst looking through pictures on GB's Facebook page I came across some amazing creations people had made with the boxes they'd collected. This was perfect inspiration for me to make my own :) I went ahead & made my very own GB drawers.
So, I'm going to attempt to explain how I made the drawers. I've included lots of pictures, so I hope you guys can get the jist! :D
Here are the tools I used -
- 4 Glossy Boxes (you can use any beauty box, or something similar)
- Super glue. (Mine is a cheap pack from Poundland, & it works just fine :)
- Craft Knife (not necessary, but easier to use then scissors)
- Ribbon (I collected mine from received GlossyBoxes & She Said Beauty boxes)
- I also used a stapler towards the end, but it isn't pictured
1. Take your first box & cut down each corner, until you reach the base. Fold down the sides & cut them off completely. The sides can be discarded & the base is used for the base of your drawers.
2. Take 2 lids & cut the corners off only one long side on each lid. Again, fold down the side & cut it completely off. The 2 side pieces can be discarded & the 2 lids will make the sides of the drawers.
3. Using your super glue attach the base from the 1st box to one of the shorter sides on one of the lids previously cut. Note: The cut side on the lid will be the side facing forward.
4. Do the same with the other lid, making sure the cut end is facing the front. Be careful not to make this too snug, otherwise it'll be hard getting your draws in & out - I learnt this the hard way!
5. On a new lid cut down the corners & fold them flat.
6. Cut off completely the 2 shorter sides. The cut sections can be discarded & the rest will make the back of your drawers.
7. Compare the size of the remainder of the lid to the back of your drawers, cut off any overlapping the outside. I cut off the pink part of the long sides & discarded these.
8. Super glue the remainder of the lid to the back of your drawers.
9. For an open top to your drawers super glue your last lid to the top of your drawers.
10. Using ribbon from the GlossyBox packaging I created little loops that can be used as pulleys on each drawer. I simply stapled together 2 ends of cut ribbon & super glued them to each drawer.
11. Voila, your drawers are now complete!
12. The only thing left is to decorate your drawers. I super glued a little bow to the top lid & also glued a lighter piece of ribbon to conceal the seam between the top lid & the rest of the drawers. You could get so creative on this part; using rhinestones, gems, paint, etc.
I have placed mine on top of my clothing chest of drawers. It really fits in well with the rest of my room & I'm quite proud, haha. On top of the drawers I have placed items that I grab on a very regular basis - my tangle teezer, hair oil, Aussie heat spray, deodorant, moisturiser & my 2 current perfumes.
In the drawers I have stored products that I'm currently using or trying out. Glossy boxes are quite deep so you can fit so much in them!
This little project was so quick & easy to make! & I'm glad I've found a way of recycling my Glossy boxes :) Let me know in the comments below if you've tried this out, or something similar. I'd love to have a look!