In my last empties post (which was also my first!) I said that I was only going to do the posts when I'd gathered up a good amount of used products. I didn't think I'd use that many... but with it being my first full month of collecting my empties, it appears I was wrong. So from now on I will do a monthly empties post :)
I'm really enjoying gathering up my empty products for this feature.. as sad as that sounds! I find that it really encourages me to use up products that are being neglected & sitting around. I also think it's a great way of keeping a record of which products I like, & which I don't. So I hope you like this feature too! :)
- Dry shampoo by Batiste. As you can see in the picture I have a mommy & a baby one! I love batiste, I don't know anybody who feels differently. I pretty much wash my hair everyday, but batiste is great for when you need a little boost - maybe before a night out or before work (I work late nights at a bar, so this is a must for me!). Would I repurchase? I already have! Though I bought the cherry one this time, for a little change.
- Beautiful ends conditioner by Herbal Essences. I don't know whether it's just me, but I never really notice anything different when I change shampoo/conditioner. They all seem to leave my hair feeling the same. So I don't really have much to say! It does the job though - leaves my hair feeling silky & it smells nice too. Would I repurchase? Yeah.
- Flake away by Soap & Glory. It's the little pink pot - the label came off in the shower. Anyways, I love this! I think it has to be my favourite S&G exfoliator. Although their Sugar Crush scrub smells a lot nicer, Flake Away is a lot more brutal. But brutal in a good way! I think the grit is a little coarser in Flake Away, resulting in a more intensive exfoliator & smoother skin. Though I know some people don't like them when they are too harsh, so it's just personal preference. Would I repurchase? Definitely!
- Volume glamour ultra black mascara by Bourjois. I don't really have anything amazing to say about this mascara. I think there are definitely better ones out on the high street. Little tip here... you may be thinking 'Jen, where is the mascara wand?'. Well my friends, I thoroughly cleaned it out & now have it sitting with my make-up brushes. Mascara brushes (the bristle ones, not the plastic ones) make amazing eyebrow brushes! I highly recommend doing this :) Would I repurchase? No, probably not.
- Eurax cream. This really isn't a very glamorous product at all, but I thought I'd share because it really worked wonders for me. In my last empties post I mentioned that the Neal's Yard rose moisturiser really irritated my skin & resulted in a horrible rash covering my arms & legs. Mmm, nice. So I picked this up from Boots. It's a relief cream, it really helped to relieve the itching. With me no longer tearing apart my skin & discontinuation of the moisturiser my skin was soon back on track! Would I repurchase? Hopefully I won't need to!
- Lemon zest whipped shea body butter by Mischa Barton. I absolutely love body butters! Prefer them so much more to lotions. & this was no exception. The consistency was really nice & if left my skin feeling lovely. Although it did take quite a while to sink in, so it isn't for days when you're in a rush. The other thing about this product is the scent... I love lemon/citrus smells but I wasn't sure how I felt out it being in my moisturiser! I guess I'm just use to moisturisers smelling girly & Soap & Glory-esque! Would I repurchase? I don't think I would actually. It's quite expensive for the size of the tub, I'm guessing we're just paying for the Mischa Barton name..
- Nivea creme. I used this this moisturiser whilst I was nursing my skin back to health, following an allergic reaction. This moisturiser is fab for irritated skin, sensitive skin etc. It contains no fragrance or any additional nasties. Would I repurchase? Not for an everyday moisturiser, but if my skin was having a bad day then yeah.
- Moisturising wiped by Simple. I always buy these baby wipes & use them to remove my make-up on an evening. The packet contains 80 wipes so they last quite a while. I don't really know what else to say about baby wipes! Would I repurchase? Already have!
- Cleansing face wipes by Boots Botanics. I took these on holiday with me & they served me well. However, the packet only contains 25 wipes. I use wipes on a daily basis so these didn't last long at all. Would I repurchase? Probably for overnight stays or holidays, but not for everyday use at home.
Hope you enjoyed my post. Have a lovely week!