Friday 17 August 2012

LUSH | Ceridwens Cauldron

Like 99% of the female population I am in love with Lush! Every single time I walk past - 'oo, I'll just have a little look inside' - even though I've already examined absolutely everything! I can't help it, Lush is.. well, lush!

My darling sister, knowing me very well, bought me a few things from Lush for my birthday. You can see my  birthday haul here :) One of the things she bought me was ceridwens cauldron, which I'd never tried before.


Ceridwens cauldron is a luxury bath melt that comes wrapped in its own muslin bag. You just pop it under a hot tap whilst you're running your bath. The hot water melts the cocoa butter, which in turn releases sandalwood, tangerine & rose oil. 



So here comes my truthful review... hmm, I'm really 50/50 about this product. My skin did feel really soft after using this in my bath, but I just didn't think it was anything amazing! I don't have a very good sense of smell, due to crappy allergies. So I couldn't really appreciate the scents that were being released. Maybe this is why it didn't blow me away..? I also think that it's a little expensive for what it is. Unlike some of the Lush bath products, which you can break up & use at different times, the ceridwens cauldron can only be used once. & for £3.99 I think I'd want 2-3 baths out of it. Or is this just me being cheap??

I hate to write a semi-negative review, especially when it's about Lush! But these are just my opinions. Next on my list to try out is the comforter, which I've heard so many good things about!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

Jen xo

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! I know what you mean - I sometimes come across some Lush products which I think just aren't worth the hype (or the price tag..) whilst still being okay. But nevertheless, the shea butter sounds like it worked nicely for your skin :)
    rachael xxx
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your opinion on this! I find sometimes certain Lush products just aren't worth the price tag
    http://beautybyt2.blogspot.ca/2012/08/diy-delicate-ombre-necklace.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've picked you for an award, check out my blog for more information :)
    http://mummy-beautiful.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I'll check it out now xx

      Delete
  4. I like how you wrote an honest review! I'd love to try out lush sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No that's understandable, £4 for just one bath is a bit too much! Especially considering that you can use their other products a lot more

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree I didnt really know what to make of this bath melt! The comforter is amazing I use it in every bath I have!

    http://beauty-fashion-crush.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete