Saturday 14 July 2012

18 presents for 18 years!

Unfortunately for my parents July is going to be a veryyy  expensive month! My sister turns 18 on the 14th & I turn 21 on the 22nd. My sister & I have been very very lucky & for our birthdays our parents are taking us to New York & San Francisco over a period of 8 days! How good is that?! I can't explain how excited I am (mainly for the food & shopping!).

But anyways, my sister said a few weeks back that she was going to buy me 21 presents, so obviously to return the favour (& because it's fun, haha) I am gonna get her 18 presents! Clever, huh?


I'm writing this post before her birthday but I can't publish it untill the 14th July because she follows my blog & would most likely see it! I can't wait to give her them :) I love buying people presents! So, me & my sister are like chalk & cheese - we are nothing alike! But I think I have captured my sisters personality quite well with the presents I've bought. They aren't all beauty products but I thought I'd still share, as I loved buying them all :D





  1. Casual River Island tee.
  2. Some lovely nautical blue & white pumps from River Island.
  3. A bar of cookie & cream Hershey's.
  4. A badge that says 'I heart boobs' (my sister bats for the other team ;)
  5. Coca-Cola flavoured Lipsmaker from Topshop.
  6. The pink thing came pre-wrapped. But it's a pretty decorative sign with a quote written on it about having no regrets :)

  7. A very hungry caterpillar bookmark. Fond memory from our childhood. The very hungry caterpillar that is, not bookmarks...
  8. Dark angels fresh facial cleanser from the ever so lush Lush
  9. A bubblegum flavoured lip scrub also from Lush
  10. 3 pairs of Topshop's girly boxers
  11. A 7mm wooden ear stretcher


  12. A White Stripes book
  13. Another White Stripes book. Repetitive but she loves 'um :)
  14. 3 Cath Kidson hand creams in wild rose, bluebell & honeysuckle.
  15. Maybelline make-up. Silk glam eyeshadow in coral drama, a blush in golden bronze & superstay 24hr concealer in light.
  16. Rimmel polish in chic & cheerful.
  17. I think I got a little excited & wrapped a present before taking a photo. But I also got some really pretty bracelets from River Island.

The most expensive gift of the 18 was a Thomas Sabo skull charm. I just love all the packaging so wanted to show you separately :)


How cute are the Thomas Sabo gumy bears?!

& that's that! I really hope she likes them. Can't wait to give her them :) 

Happy 18th little sis!

xox

16 comments:

  1. 100% sure your sister will love the lip scrub. Have a great holiday :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) She did like it, yay. She put it on straight after she'd opened her pressies! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Lots of great presents for your sis.. :) Lucky her! :D

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to get mine haha xx

      Delete
  3. That is such a good and cute idea! Love it!
    xx
    beautybyt2.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely doing this with my sister next year for her birthday!
    Love your blog I followed!
    - Samantha
    http://simplysamanthaj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute idea! I want to copy it but everyone I know has had their big birthdays now. I love Thomas Sabo, but I'm too scared to wear my charm bracelet in case I ruin it like I usually do.

    Aw your poor parents! :P My brothers turned 18 and 21 in the same month too, and my brother's also graduating this month so my mums not happy! XD

    Lisamello xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I just wear them on 'special occasions' haha. I'm graduating this month too, as well as both of our birthdays. I do feel sorry for them haha xx

      Delete
  6. Oh and I nominated you for a Liebster award too. I'll leave the link below if you want to check it out.

    http://lisamello.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    Lisamello xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh thank you!! I'll go look now :D xx

      Delete
  7. Yayy :) Thank you!! I'll go check your blog out xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post! It's so sweet that you and your sister are sharing birthday traditions :)

    Caitlin
    http://charmcolorfully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely presents! & I love the tradition me and my other half do it every year for the past 2 years!:D

    http://beauty-fashion-crush.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete