Thursday 26 July 2012

Empties | #1

Empties posts are everrrrywhere. & I don't know why, but I find myself reading each & every one of them! So, I figured I'd do my own :) I think it's a great way to review products - because you've actually used them. So you can give a real good slice of your opinion. It also drives me to use up products that are on there way out & just taking up space!

I don't think I'll do monthly empties posts, as I doubt I'll use up as many as some other bloggers do. So I'll just wait until I have a good amount. Saying that, my first empties post will be a little bare. I only have 5 products for you, but I am trying to write a couple of posts that I can schedule to publish whilst I'm on holiday. So if you're reading this, I'm in New York (yayyyy!). 

Sorry for the pants quality!


  • Cupcake fresh face mask by Lush. I love love this! As I do most Lush products... This face mask worked wonders in mopping up any excess oil on my face. It left my skin feeling amazing & so smooth. I don't have particularly oily skin, but if you do then I'd definitely invest! If you like chocolatey smells, you'll love this too. Would I repurchase? Yes, but I think I'll try some of their other fresh face masks first. 
  • Rose lavender hand N nail repair creme by Sasy n Savy. I got this little 5ml sample from Latest In Beauty. I didn't use it on my hands, just as an intense cuticle moisturiser. I love this & took it everywhere with me. It really improved the quality of my nails & since I've stopped using it I can really tell. Would I repurchase? Definitely.
  • Rehydrating rose daily moisture by Neal's Yard Remedies. I'm afraid I don't really have much positive to say about this product. I'm not a massive fan of rose scent in general, I much prefer body butters as opposed to lotions like this, & also I think I was massively allergic to this. I can't be sure it was this moisturiser but my arms & legs were so irritated whilst I was using this product. Would I repurchase? Sorry Neal, no. 
  • Shower scrub by Gorgeous by Gok. This product came in a great little Gok Wan gift set I had for Christmas. It has a nice scent & the beads inside the scrub are of a nice size. It worked great as a scrub & left my skin feeling really smooth. Would I repurchase? Maybe, but I don't think it matches up to Soap & Glory scrubs.
  • Split remedy by TRESemme. As well as the cuticle cream, I received 6 sachets of TRESemme hair products from Latest in Beauty - 2 x shampoo, 2 x conditioner & 2 x leave in treatment. I've used them all up, but didn't want to keep all of the sachets. Although the shampoo & conditioner were nice, I couldn't really tell a difference after just 2 uses of each. The leave in treatment however was lush! It left my hair feeling so soft & hydrated. I'm always a little weary of leave in treatments, but it wasn't too heavy & left no greasy residue. Would I repurchase? Yes.
I hope I didn't do too badly at my first empties post. Lemme know if you've used any of these products but have a different opinion. Or, if you have found even better products!

Jen xox

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with lush! Great post! xx
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I can't walk past without having a look inside. xx

      Delete
  2. I love lush and the hand and nail cream! :) xxx

    http://rainbowveinsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hand & nail cream was sooo good! xx

      Delete