For the life of me I can't remember who's blog I saw a review on these brushes! (Sorrrry, who ever it was!). But anyway, I read the review & followed the link to this amazing bargain :) & everybody loves a good bargain.
EcoTools are an earth-friendly beauty brand that have amazing brushes. This little set below was bought on eBay for a tiny tiny £3.98!! They did take aggges to be delivered, but they are definitely worth it. Here's the link if you wanna get them too. & just for the record, this exact set would set you back £15.99 in Boots.
Aren't they gorgeous :) Ahhhhh. I love how eco-friendly they are! The handle's are made from bamboo; which therefore has a low impact on the earth's resources, because it's a highly sustainable plant - don't you know, haha! The bristles are synthetic taklon & 100% cruelty free. Also, reaaaaaaaally soft! & last, but not least, the sleek ferrule is made from recycled aluminium. So, they are just a bundle of loveliness!
I was really pleased as well that they came in this cosmetic brush roll. It has came at just the right time with me going on holiday next week :) & you guessed it! The brush roll is eco-friendly too. It's made from natural cotton & hemp.
I've told you about what the brushes are made from, but for any beginners or those new to make-up brushes (like myself!) I'll explain what they can each be used for :) I'll go from left to right on the pic.
- Eye shading brush - this brush has a rounded top, which gives it a multi-purpose for the eyes. It can be used to apply an all over base & also to apply colour to the crease, not forgetting that all important blending!
- Concealer brush - again, this brush has a rounded top which is quite pointy. The point is great for accuracy when applying concealer, but the rounded side make it also makes it easy to apply to larger areas.
- Eyeliner brush - this brush is an angled brush, which I have wanted for agesss. I think it might be a little to thick to apply my gel eyeliner, but I've wanted one for precision on a smokey eye & also for filling in my brows.
- Lash & brow groomer - I already have one of these, & I use it everrry day! It's quite old tho, so I'm happy to replace it. The brush side is used for the brows & maintaining a nice natural shape, whilst the comb side is to seperate the lashes after or before applying mascara.
- Blush brush - this brush is lovely, so much nicer then any of my other blush brushes. It's a large rounded brush used to apply blush over the cheek bones.
I hope you liked my review! & if you are new to brushes, or just want more, I'd highly recommend this 6 piece set. Especially for the amazing prize (link at the top of this post). Can't wait to take them on my travels with me :D